My absolute favourite kind of food is breakfast food, so much so that i’ve decided to make today breakfast appreciation day! The genius who decided to poach an egg and marry it with some avocado, has changed most peoples lives…I think? The other person who decided to fry bread in egg and stick loads of maple syrup over it is also a genius, so bravo to you! However, as well as the basics I also like to get a little inventive when it comes to breakfasts and I think you should too, so here’s a list of 5 different breakfasts that you have to try…
The ugliest and healthiest Blueberry Banana Pancakes you will ever try:
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 egg
- Flavoured protein powder (vanilla or coconut)
- Blend together, put in a pan with coconut oil using a spoon to make small pancake shapes
- The recipe makes around 6 and I like to serve them with natural Coyo and almond butter
- I’ve never been brilliant at making food look pretty, usually mine are in the shape of pancakes but look very burnt, ugly and inedible. However they taste damn good and are super light…you can’t have it all!
I’m a huge fan of this recipe because it’s super simple, quick and keeps the guilt away from eating pancakes!
Coconut Cream Porridge:
- Your choice of porridge oats (I normally go with gluten free as I find gluten bloats me)
- Coconut Cream
- Coconut Milk
- Mix in a pan adding the coconut milk and cream depending on how you like the consistency and how sweet you want the porridge. I like my porridge pretty thick and sweet, so I keep the coconut cream to a maximum and the milk to a minimum.
- Top it off with some raspberries, blueberries and of course a drizzle of almond butter, or crunchy PB to give it some extra sass.
I find when you go to restaurants the porridge can be pretty hit a miss, often tasteless and watery no matter how much topping you put on it, but guaranteed this one hits the spot! This recipe that reminds me of home as it was one created by my mum and homemade is always best!
Sweet Scrambled Eggs with Chicken Sausages:
- 3 eggs or 4 egg whites (I sometimes prefer just using egg whites, but it’s personal preference)
- Handful of blueberries
- Handful of raspberries
- Honey (I like Acacia honey)
- 2 chicken sausages (or however many you like)
- Chuck everything into the pan, add a healthy squeeze of honey, a sprinkle of cinnamon and mix it all together
If you’re a fan of trying weird combos and mixing sweet with savoury you’ll like this…plus it’ll ignite a chicken sausage obsession (if you don’t already have one…which you really should.)
The Nut Butter Fudge Smoothie, stolen from Juice Baby…but i’ll call it But Futter Nudge to try and make it original:
- 1 Banana
- 2/3 Dates (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Any nut butter (crunchy PB is probably the best for this)
- Tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Non-dairy milk (i’d go with almond)
- Ice cubes
- Cacao nibs
- Blend all together, adding the liquid in slowly depending on how you like the consistency (I like it extra thick.) Sprinkle with cacao nibs and drink chilled.
P.s. make sure you have a straw (a paper straw)…every smoothie tastes better with a straw.
- Chocolate Crunchy Nut Clusters
- Fruit Loops
All of which are best with full fat milk when left to get all soft and mushy. Sometimes you’ve just got to satisfy those morning sugar cravings with some old school cereal!
It’s important to note that in my eyes the term “breakfast” does not just apply to mornings, in my opinion breakfast should be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
P.s. I apologies for the lack of images…I just wanted you to use your imagination, plus my breakfasts never look as attractive as they taste, so I didn’t want to put you off…you’re welcome.
HAPPY BREAKFAST APPRECIATION DAY!!!!!