Having started to release my confessional videos as part of the brand new YGSF TV series, I thought it would be fitting to offer some ideas on how you can keep your head clear when it gets hectic and ensure you’re on the right track to where you want to be! Often it can be mega useful to have physical activities that you can turn to when you feel like things are getting too much and you’re playing mind games with yourself. After test driving quite a few, creating my own and “borrowing” from others, i’ve got a bunch of activities you can be doing when you think you’re about to lose your marbles!
- Practice meditation daily, even if it’s just for 5 minutes. I’d recommend doing it in the morning as it really sets you up for a great day.
- Write a letter to yourself that you will receive in 6 months time. Write it as though you’ve already accomplished all your current goals and overcome all the hurdles you’ve faced. Then put a reminder in your phone, diary or whatever to that will remind you in 6 months time to read it. By writing this down you’re not only figuring out what you want to achieve in the next 6 months, but you’re also projecting to the universe what you want and feeling the sensation of having those things. In return the universe will give back to you.
- Practice breathing. Breath work is hugely powerful in relaxing you, calming your mind and helping you to stay present. There are so many different effective breathing techniques. A very simple one is just counting and breathing. Breath in for 4, hold for 4 then breath out for 4.
- Exercise. One of the most common ways to release stress and feel good.
- Stretch. I’m guilty of only giving myself minutes to stretch, but if you increase the amount you stretch weekly, you’ll find your body feels way better, gets less tired and allows you to do more.
- Keep a journal. It’s great to get any thoughts and feelings out without having to offload them onto someone else. This is often good to do before bed so that you don’t go to sleep with a super hectic mind.
- Make a list of all the things in your life that are bringing you positivity and then write a list of all the junk that you need to chuck out of your life. You’ll often find that the latter is what will be stopping you achieving your desires, once you know this you can go about chucking those things in the bin.
- Go on some kind of retreat. Whether it’s meditation, yoga, fitness etc… retreats are great ways of truly enhancing your life; recharging your batteries, giving you new ways of thinking and behaving, and making you feel truly good inside and out.
- Dance, put fancy dress on, sing, run in the rain…whatever makes you laugh and feel alive and free!! Doing silly, random things and being spontaneous is what really keeps us alive, if you aren’t allowing yourself to enjoy life then you’re not really living!
- Every morning have primary questions you will ask yourself, and set yourself the task of doing at least one small thing to fulfil them. For example, What shall I do to feel good today? How can I ensure I look at things in a positive way rather than a negative? Giving yourself these kinds tasks will mean you’re more aware and focused on making the effort to better yourself.
Now you have the tools, there’s no excuse for not putting your marbles back in the bag…but don’t be afraid to lose them from time to time, it keeps things interesting!